London, United Kingdom
WinTel Engineer – VMWare, NetApp, Exchange – Financial Services
WinTel Engineer, Windows Server, VMWare, Exchange, Financial Services, DNS, DHCP, Antivirus, SAN, Storage, TCP/IP, MCSA, MCITP, Citrix, Infrastructure
A leading Financial Services firm is urgently searching for a Wintel Engineer to assist on a number of project initiatives and help support the business. The Wintel Engineer would be accountable for the administration and ongoing development of the firm's core technology platform primarily based on Citrix, Microsoft and VMware solutions including Windows, Active Directory and Exchange.
The role is 50% projects/ design & 50% operations, and requires an individual willing and able to take the lead in designing, implementing and integrating required technical solutions end to end.
The Wintel Engineer will be joining a sizeable IT team specifically responsible for the administration of the server environment and ensuring maximum availability of existing services in both production and DR environments.
The role as the Wintel Engineer will involve close co-operation with infrastructure and development colleagues including:
- 3rd line support of the Citrix, Microsoft, VMware vSphere and server infrastructure including Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 R2, Exchange Server 2007 and Active Directory
- Administration of Network Appliance (NetApp) storage systems
- Project work within a formal framework to evaluate, design and implement new software and systems which will entail working with 3rd parties and suppliers to select and implement new technologies
- Testing and deployment of updates and upgrades to systems in order to remain in line with manufacturers and recommendations
- Ensuring that all production services are replicated and maintained within a disaster recovery site and that the failover process is documented and tested
- The role also involves a small element of applications support of business systems
Essential requirements for the Wintel Engineer are:
- Windows 2003 and 2008 R2 operating
- VMWare vSphere ESX & ESXi
- MS Exchange Active Directory Group policies
- Management of backup and restore applications
- Fully conversant with disaster recovery solutions and technologies
- Certified in one or more of the following: MCSA Windows Server 2008 , MCITP Enterprise Administrator , MCITP Server Administrator