London, United Kingdom
Harrington Starr is working with a leading financial services technology company based in the City of London. Our client is looking for a senior level Windows 10 Engineer. Where you will be responsible for but not limited to supporting the roll out of Windows 10 and Office 365.
This resource will be responsible for troubleshooting issues post migration during the warranty period and ensuring fixes are documented and passed onto the business as usual support teams. This resource will is also expected to be responsible for 3rd line support of any issues raised and assisting 1st/2nd line support with troubleshooting issues.
Successfully manage and deliver project aspects:
- Troubleshooting issues arising from Windows 10 migration
- Troubleshooting issues arising from Office 365 migration
- Dealing with vendors when required
- Implementation of long term fixes
- Document fixes and update business as usual support teams
Provision of appropriate documentation and controls:
- Ensure all activities are completed effectively and in accordance with Change Lifecycle and adoption of company project methodology. Responsibilities include: change control, maintenance of files, document control, actual data collection and forecasting, updating of plans, administration of quality reviews, meetings support, minute taking and standards reporting.
- Ensure completion and appropriate storage of all documentation.
- Ensure completion of weekly Status Update Report
- Liaise where required with IT & Business in order to assist with the dissemination of information to external clients as appropriate.
Work and agree with Management and Technical Leaders the necessary performance metrics for the delivery of any associated Work Packages.
- Exercise sound management skills in all dealings with project members and non-project stakeholders including but not limited to the skills of: influencing, negotiating, conflict resolution, performance enhancement, and error correction.
- Ensure assigned staff are aware of their responsibilities within the project, and provide input where applicable for assignment reviews on completion Project Activities.
- Interface with BSL teams such as Service Acceptance, Service Management/Design, and Application Support in order to deliver pre-identified Production related products in line with the CLC.
- Attend Change Management Committee and Change Acceptance Board along with Project & Development Managers post testing and pre Go-Live to promote changes.
- Interface where applicable with Development & Test Managers, in order to identify and agree the pinch points for delivery. (What are the support expectations during development & test phases).
- Strives to build positive working relationships, inside & outside own team. Treats all colleagues with respect and encourages colleagues to work effectively together. Willing to take on additional work to help others.
Candidate Profile / Key Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Windows 10 and other Windows builds
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server & Active Directory
- Extensive knowledge of SCCM
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
- Good knowledge of Active Directory migrations
- Office 365 Experience preferred
- A solid understanding of TCP/IP network concepts and network trouble-shooting;
- Experience in maintaining systems in enterprise class data centre environments.