London, United Kingdom
WiFi Support Engineer
Engineering – London,City.
North Starr are delighted to be working with this client for this exciting role.
WiFi Support Engineer
This is a key position within our wireless network engineering department.
You will be responsible for supporting customers remotely and in-person which requires exceptional communication skills. On a day to day basis, you will be focused on supporting wireless network solutions for our customers.
- Provide technical support for our customers, follow robust troubleshooting methods to diagnose and resolveincidents to their conclusion, escalating to senior engineering or the vendor where required.
- Take the technical lead on any Second Line Wireless infrastructure-related issues for support tickets.
- Implement configuration changes on behalf of customers, following the relevant change management process.
- Provide on-site support and assistance in the event that remote troubleshooting fails to diagnose and resolve the problem. This may involve carrying out RF surveys, reconfiguring access points and/or liaising with the network support team to reconfigure the wired backbone network.
- Demonstrable customer service skills and experience in communicating with customers.
- Solution focused and flexible approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to use their own initiative.
- Able to prioritise workload and manage regular interruptions to remain productive.
- In-depth knowledge of cloud-based wireless network solutions is essential.
- You will have a minimum of 1 year’s history of supporting wireless network solutions across the entire project life cycle, including:
- Experience deploying and troubleshooting enterprise grade wireless solutions and Cisco or Juniper Networks.
- Experience using HiveManager, HiveManager NG and other Aerohive products preferable, other vendors also valuable.
- Applying knowledge and skills through handling problems beyond own area of expertise.
- Experience and knowledge of wireless solutions covering Autonomous AP’s, Cloud-based wireless networking platforms, RF-survey tools and software (Ekahau) and authentication platforms (RADIUS servers).
- Excellent customer facing experience.
- Ability to summarize, explain and update troubleshooting cases in language which is understandable to non-technical people.
These qualifications are not essential however the successful candidate will have a sufficient level of knowledge to be able to target achieving one of these qualifications within 12 months of starting in this role:
- CWT (Certified Wireless Technician) or CWNA (Certified Wireless Network Administrator) with at least 1 years’ experience.
- ACWA (Aerohive Certified Wireless Administrator) level with at least 1 years’ experience.
- You must be extremely well organised with good communication skills and excellent spoken and written English.
- Able to demonstrate previous experience within a similar position with proven ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast pace environment.
- Possess excellent time and self-management skills.
- Able to work calmly under pressure.
- Annual leave starts at 23 days per annum and increases with service
- Colleagues can also buy and sell leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Immediate enrollment with Perkbox
For more information please send your CV to Richard.RobertsJones@thenorthstarr.com