London, United Kingdom
An exciting Low Latency Financial Information Provider is looking to hire a PHP Developer to work on a variety of internal web systems, monitoring and developing whilst using the latest Web technologies in a supportive environment.
You will be joining a fast growing, dynamic US company which provides latency-critical real-time solutions to the financial markets. Our core business is in the US, and we have expanded into Asia and European markets. We have development facilities in Cambridge UK and Chicago USA.
We need an experienced PHP developer with the ability to demonstrate previous work with PHP/MYSQL as well as a range of other technologies. Your main role will be to develop the tools for the maintenance and monitoring of our systems as well as other business functions.
· Excellent PHP/MYSQL skills.
· Knowledge of both Windows and Linux environments, including scripting languages and batch files.
· A general interest in computers with knowledge of hardware and networks.
· Knowledge of revision control systems such as subversion.
· Experience of jQuery and Symfony2.
Education and experience:
· 1-2 years experience (either through employment or equivalent collaborative project).
· Degree or equivalent in Mathematics, computer science or comparable scientific discipline
This will be a great role for a PHP Developer to work in an exciting environment, building tools that will need to monitor a large amount of data. You will be encouraged to be creative and build world class solutions which will help the company keep their competitive edge while learning and working with the latest cutting edge technologies.
If this opportunity is of interest, please get in touch with Tod Bamber at Harrington Starr