London, United Kingdom
Harrington Starr are working with a market leading FinTech company who are seeking a UX Designer to join their tech driven team. They are offering a rare opportunity for an individual to work on several extensive projects to accelerate the company’s growth on the development side
The right candidate will know how to build empathy within an industry they may not be familiar with, understand and define client objectives, generate breakthrough ideas, prototype quickly to enable testing and short-cycle innovation. More than that, they will also be ready for the challenge of developing a deep understanding about the industry – understanding why things happen the way they do, to enable true innovation. No two deals are the same, so our products will need to be versatile and intuitive and provide insight for the professionals who use them, empowering them to make better informed decisions and recommendations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years’ relevant work experience in user-centered digital product design environments
- A solid grasp of graphic design, visual communications, web design, or design strategy
- Experience with Design Language Systems / visual language
- Excellent visual design skills including layout, typography, and colours
- Experience in Mobile (iOS, Android) and responsive web
- Experience with a range of research and evaluation techniques and current user-centered design research, theories and methodologies
The following would be beneficial:
- Proficient with the latest design, research and collaboration tools such as Sketch, InVision, Mural, Craft, Appear.in, MindNode, Validately, JIRA etc.
- Impressive deductive reasoning skills and empathy
- Experience running Design Critiques from both sides of the table
- UI design experience grounded in both information architecture and interaction design
- Experience successfully applying UX design practices in an Agile software development environment
Previous experience in all is highly desirable, however, demonstrating a desire to learn is the most important factor.
For more information please get in touch with Tod Bamber @ Harrington Starr.