Fort Mill, United States
Unix Security Engineer – Greater Charlotte Area – Up to $160,000
Harrington Starr have partnered with a global financial services company in a search for a Unix Security Engineer to support the growth of their company and its supporting infrastructure across North America. The Unix Security Engineer will be involved in all Security projects going forward including evaluating new products, defining procedures, and ensuring that new security procedures and products are successfully implemented.
Candidates should have strong knowledge of Red Hat Satellite and knowledge of Puppet, Ansible, and BladeLogic, and Red Hat operations in VMware environment is strongly preferred.
The Unix Security Engineer will gain hands-on experience with project delivery through implementing Unix-based systems around security products through from selection to production, in a global, enterprise-scale environment.
- Expert in Red Hat Linux
- Expert in Unix/Linux security
- Project experience
- Bash scripting
- Red Hat Satellite Server
- LDAP (Red Hat Directory Services)
- SAN on Red Hat
- VMware (vSphere and ESXi)
- Veritas Cluster
- Broad technology experience, non-vendor specific
- Vendor Management
- SIEM (Qradar or AlienVault preferred)
- Microsegmentation (Illumio preferred)
- Vulnerability Threat Management concepts and tools (Rapid7, Qualys, Nessus preferred)
- BMC Bladelogic and Threat Director
In addition to this opportunity, we have other roles available. If you’re interested in this role or a similar role at another level, email your resume to Matt Kerwin at matt.kerwin(at)harringtonstarr.com.