Fort Mill, United States
The Linux Operations Engineer will be required to provide Linux support to all Information Security focussed projects. The requirement will be to evaluate new products, define operational standards and ensure smooth transition through to a target operating model for any products selected.
Support will also be required for building Linux based systems to support these products.
- Working closely with engineering and architecture to ensure that requirements and designs are clear.
- Ensuring that all systems are built to agreed standards and designs.
- Feedback any changes in build to engineering so that standards are updated.
- Identify opportunities to automate processes and feedback to engineering for implementation.
- Escalation point for all project delivery issues.
- Ensuring that all software deployed on new builds is supported and appropriately licensed.
- Change Management adopting best practice from the ITIL framework
- Monitor work load, manage time and prioritise requests
- Ensure all documentation for new builds is delivered to the operational support teams.
- Use appropriate information and data analysis techniques to diagnose problems and research solutions
- Work closely with other project delivery teams and third party suppliers’ teams to resolve problems requiring additional input
- RedHat Linux
- RPM packaging experience
- Experienced in project work
- Shell scripting (bash)
- RedHat Satellite Server
- LDAP (RedHat Directory Services)
- SAN experience on RedHat (HDS)
- VMware, SRM
This role will require a 100% focus on technical activities.