£200 - £225 per day
Trade Floor Support Analyst - 2nd Line - INSIDE IR35 - 6 Month Contract £225 per day
Our client a leading investment bank is urgently searching for a Trade Floor Support Analyst on an initial 6 month contract to provide efficient 1st and 2nd Line IT support to the London office desktop (including MS Windows, Citrix Receiver, MS Office, line-of-business and limited-scope applications), and desk-side (including laptops and peripherals
such as video cameras and auxiliary devices such as telephone handsets and headsets, and mobile phones) environments.
In this role your duties will include but are not limited to:
1st and 2nd line support of the trading room systems infrastructure
- To be able to quickly identify and resolve the majority of trading systems and application issues
- Core systems infrastructure comprises HP workstations and HP/Cisco Blade
- Server technology running Windows OS, EMC SANs, Avaya and IPC telephony systems and Cisco Networks.
- Systems support a number of trading applications including Refinitiv and Bloomberg.
- Network security is provided by Checkpoint firewall.
Desktop and Server hardware and software build
- Maintain automated build for workstations and Citrix VDI images
- Administration, configuration and support of their workstation and server infrastructure.
- To have a very good knowledge of their infrastructure and to be able to support and enhance that infrastructure through the use of industry standard management tools.
Administration, configuration and support of the trading and operations applications.
- Maintain high availability production environment.
- Administration and support of the workstation and server environment at the business continuity site.
- Ensure that the workstation and server environment at the business continuity site is fully operational and ready for use 24/7
- Workstation patching, test and deploy patches to ensure stability of environment
Essential Skills and experience:
- Experience of planning, installing and configuring new server and workstation installations
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows Server 2003 to 2008
- Knowledge of Windows Active directory
- Understanding of LAN/WAN/Firewall Systems
- Desktop Applications knowledge such as Microsoft Office, Symantec Backup Exec 2012
- Remedy Ticket System
- Escalating issues and ensuring issues are solved until conclusion
- There will also be a number of projects from upgrade of Blackberry from BES 5 to BES 10, an upcoming office move and magnitude of upcoming projects
If this contract role sounds of interest please send your CV immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.