City of London, United Kingdom
The key responsibilities for this Test Analyst:
- You will be able to plan and prioritise work for all incoming testing.
- Design detailed conditions and destructive, broad test cases. Draft and issue test plans, where appropriate
- Perform test execution on back office applications, front office GUI applications and websites.
- Document and publish using a Test Management Tool, all test results to a defined standard
- Create and maintain test scripts in a Test Management Tool, to a specified quality standard
- Document and report issues arising from testing in a timely manner and manage their tracking and resolution
- Issue testing status and completion reports to project teams when required
- Assist in the ongoing development and improvement of testing standards and procedures across the company and monitor compliance to these agreed standards
The essential skills:
- Minimum 2 years testing experience incorporating Unit Testing, System Testing, User Interface Testing, Acceptance Testing and Integration Testing
- Thorough knowledge of structured test methods and processes, preferably ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing qualified, with awareness of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience of test management tools
Some of the more desirable skills:
- commercial experience within the financial sector
- exposure to Scrum development teams useful
- Educational background to either Degree or A level standard or equivalent
- ISEB/ISQTB Foundation Certificate in software testing