New York, United States
Our client are seeking a senior pre-sales consultant for their Front Office Solutions business line. The position will be based in New York. As part of the Pre-Sales team, you will be expected to support the sales team in identification, pursuit and closure of sales opportunities. You will also need to focus on optimizing the technical side of the sales process: creating pre-canned demos and training modules, automating proof of concept environment configuration and streamlining POC onboarding workflows. Applicants must be able to travel to client sites when COVID restrictions are lifted.
- High level requirements gathering. Conduct technical interviews with prospective customers, identify challenges they face and ways of addressing these challenges using our client's platform.
- Conduct remote and on-side software demonstrations. This includes demonstration of their applications to business users and demonstration of platform frameworks and features to software developers.
- Build prototypes of instruments, applications, reports and automated jobs in Python on top of our client's platform to demonstrate how requirements of potential customers can be addressed.
- Deliver smaller Proof of Concept projects independently and larger POCs as part of a team.
- Prepare and deliver training sessions to developers and business users.
- Provide extensive hand holding to prospects to make POC a success.
- Where development is required - act as a technical liaison between a customer and Beacon engineers.
- Partner with sales to respond to RFI/RFPs. Take ownership of technical sections of the questionnaires.
- Work with potential partners on identifying joint opportunities and interfacing points. Build and demonstrate integration prototypes.
- Contribute to product development (and roadmap) to make client acquisition & onboarding more efficient.
- Ensure there is a repeatable and efficient process for client acquisition:
- Standardised demo templates and follow up materials.
- Pre-canned proof of concept set up scripts for different asset classes.
- Automated training modules to quickly get prospects up to speed with their POC environments.
- Streamlined POC to production conversion workflows.
- 10 years plus experience with a relevant software vendor, consultancy or market participant (including financial engineering).
- Deep understanding of FX, equities or credit markets.
- Knowledge of rates and securitised products markets, US power, natural gas and other commodities is a plus.
- Some experience in business analysis, particularly in requirements gathering, is a plus.
- Familiarity with enterprise sales methodologies (e.g. Miller Heiman) is a plus.
- Technical knowledge and experience in programming. Ability to develop in Python.
- Past experience of delivering training to business users and / or developers.
- Understanding of how enterprise systems can talk to each other. Systems integration experience is a plus.
- Past experience of enterprise software sales support is a plus.
- Past experience of development on top of SecDB, Athena, Quartz or similar platforms is a plus.
- This is a client facing role, so excellent communication skills are required.
- Strong ability to multitask.