London, United Kingdom
Systems + Network Engineer.
North Starr are delighted to be working with this well established client.
Systems engineering operatives are responsible for taking direction from the executive & regional management teams, and adhering to the responsibilities as outlined below. Systems Engineering will report directly into the Centralised Services Manager. Systems engineers will act as project resources for the Professional Services, Architecture, Standards, & Advisory teams. They are also responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of all systems and non-network related functions throughout the regional Datacentre landscape. Workflows, systems, policies, and procedures, must be utilised in the correct manner, in order to provide the end customer with the highest level of service. They are also an escalation point for the 3rd line support team for break/fix internal & client issues.
A high level of skill is required in the following competencies:
- VMWare 6.0/6.5
- Exchange 2010/2013/2016
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
- Storage (SANs/NAS/iSCSI/Fibre)
- Linux/RHEL/CentOS Fundamentals
- Server Hardware
- Powershell Scripting
- IaaS (AWS/Azure)
- Citrix/Horizon View
- Networking Fundamentals
Systems Engineering Responsibilities:
- Daily management of all assigned Connectwise service items, providing daily updates to all tickets, and providing regular Client updates.
- Ensure that SLA’s are upheld, and that the regional support operation maintains a high level of standards and service.
- Ensure that all communication within Connectwise service items and any verbal or written correspondence is clear & concise.
- Work with Client Operations to assist with any support escalation or support requirement.
- Operate with a “Help First” mind-set.
- Adhere to all standards and processes as outlined by the Executive & Regional Management Teams.
- Innovate, inspire, and lead by example.
- Treat others as you expect to be treated.
- Ensure that Connectwise is used correctly for;
- Accurate & daily ticket updates.
- Accurate & daily billing information.
- Accurate engineer work roles and work types per incident.
- Accurate client information.
If you would like to discuss further then please send your CV to Richard.RobertsJones@thenorthstarr.com