London, United Kingdom
Strategic Market Data Account Manager - EMEA Wide
Base up to £85k with an uncapped commission plan that enable a gross minimum salary of £120,000, but this is uncapped. Benefits package is one of the best in the market.
Gross salary is routinely a lot higher.
My client sells market data in both a consolidated aggregated feed over API into their clients own front end platform or through a third-party aggregator. They are a major player in the global financial markets and promote a range of different market data packages to their clients across the globe.
My client represents a solid career move to a large and established corporation that has a very high brand awareness and valuable assets that clients need from the buy side through to the sell side on a global basis form the front through to the back office.
They also sell products that help with compliance, regulations, reference and analytics.
The Strategic Account Manager as the overall Relationship Manager is focused on ensuring that clients are getting value from my client’s services.
The strategic account manager will understand how to work in virtual teams across geographies to ensure the best client service is afforded their clients and that revenues from those clients continue to rise due to cross selling and upselling for new needs and requirements as per the customers’ requirements.
It is important that the strategic account manager establishes rapport vertically throughout the client’s organisation and that you develop a trusted advisor status with these customers with a consultative sales approach.
Responsibilities: - Account Management
- Establish and maintain relationships with your customers
- Be a two-way conduit between my client and their customers, with the aim of product improvement, feedback both ways and satisfaction of client needs that may not conform to standard products.
- Formulate a sales plan to prevent revenue decrease and identify client’s revenues that may be at risk.
- Ensure you have an organisational chart of the relevant personnel in your accounts and establish value based relationships with your customers.
- You will be expected to produce account plans for your top 3 accounts.
- Identify new business opportunities to pass to specialist sales team to fulfil the sales cycle.
- Be fully aware of the service status at you customers and ensure that you work to resolve any problems that arise.
- Work with the sales department to negotiate contracts for new areas and renegotiate contracts that are out of date or do not cover the uses to which the customers are using the data.
- Manage the EMEA strategic account team, this would include mentoring, direction, leading by example.
- Understand team management and how to manage a high-performance team.
- Ensure that my clients strategy and business direction is accurately portrayed to your team and that they follow that plan to achieve the aims of my client.
- Ensure training materials are up to date and hire staff appropriate to your needs and ensure a structured training plan is in place to bring them online as soon as possible (there is a whole training department to help with this).
Your personal Attributes:
- You will need an in depth understanding of the trade life cycle and the systems in the financial markets that use my client’s services.
- An understanding of terms and conations within my client’s contracts and how to enforce them at their customers in a non-confrontational and consultative manner.
- You will have a great deal of client face time and contacts that have met and know you through your previous career.
- A good understanding of the market data feed business would be an advantage.
- Be a team player and subject matter expect.
- Be approachable and ready to mentor and teach, help and coach
- Gives and shares the credit for work done.
- Help with recruitment referrals and interdepartmental cooperation
- Attend company events participating where necessary
- You will be an effective communicator and presenter with a creative mind to generate solutions to different client needs.
- Above all you will be professional at all times and represent my client to the highest level.
Please apply to Edward Manley and Edward.firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy of your up to date CV. Please ensure your most recent 3 years sales achievements against target are included in your achievements section.