New York, United States
Our client, a global banking organization is seeking a NYC Area Senior Software Engineer familiar with Low Latency Trading technology to develop and enhance low latency exchange connectivity and order management software. Strong communication is key, as you’ll need to interface heavily with key stakeholders such as quants, traders, and support engineers to succeed in this role. Familiarity with Agile methodology preferred.
You’ll work on a dedicated team writing custom modules (much bare metal programming) to produce the solutions needed. The opportunity is best for someone with not only good coding ability but a mature understanding of software construction and coding efficiently. Experience with automated testing will also be helpful.
In this role, you will:
- Write code in C++/Linux
- Participate in requirements gathering and collaborative design meetings.
- Display comprehensive understanding of Trading Domain, and ability to grasp concepts that influence this space.
- Feel comfortable/experienced communicating regularly with Traders & Quants.
- Show familiarity with financial products (i.e. Futures, Options, etc) with a focus on Order-Management and/or Exchange Connectivity.
- 5+ years development experience: C++ on Linux
- Financial Industry experience; preferably within OMS/Echange Connectivity, especially working with C++
- Understanding of Multi-Threading in Linux environment.
- Strong ability with Object Oriented Construction Technique.
- Familiar with Unit-Testing framework for C++ and Source Code Management.
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Perl, Bash, Python)
If interested send your current CV to email@example.com and call me at 646 381 2067 to discuss details!