Wallington, United Kingdom
The North Starr, part of the Harrington Starr recruitment group are looking for an experienced SQL Server DBA to join a niche UK business.
This role will combine the elements of best practice Database Administration with SQL Server >2017 technology.
Our client is happy to consider permanent candidates who can start within 4 weeks or an immediate contractor who is interested in temp to perm.
Based near to Sutton in Surrey, you will be joining an established IT team that is looking to increase headcount due to record breaking growth. There is easy access to the client offices via public transport and free parking for staff.
As a SQL Server DBA you will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server RDBMS systems and company data including Excel VBA applications. The DBA’s main goal is to ensure the availability and consistent performance of various corporate applications.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage SQL Server 2012/2017 databases
- Support existing SSRS applications
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes
- Monitor system's health and performance
- Ensure high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security
- Analyse, solve, and correct server, database and application issues
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Implement and maintain development, testing and live deployment strategies
- Implement and maintain code version control
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
To qualify for this SQL Server DBA here’s the technical requirements and qualifications:
- 3 years of experience as a SQL Server DBA 2012/2017 or similar role
- Experience with SSRS
- Experience with advanced Excel workbooks
- Experience with Excel VBA(Desirable)
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business based in the heart of Surrey. You will be working under the direction of a newly managed team with each member of the new team looking forward to period of sustained growth within their roles. Our client embraces a healthy blend of home to work life balance and truly understands the benefits this brings to the business.
The North Starr look forward to hearing from you on this.