London, United Kingdom
SQL Server DBA - London - Finance
London – Investment Management
Salary: £50,000 - £62,000
DBA, T-SQL, ETL, MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012R2/2014, PowerShell, Development, RDBMS, SQL Server Profiler, SSIS, SSRS, Back-Up, Performance Tuning
A leading investment management organisation who have a global presence are seeking a DBA to join their tight knit IT team. They provide unique Investment strategies and put technology at the heart of their success. They are currently in a phase of rapid growth and have a business critical role with important database systems to manage and with new products being rolled out, you will be managing these SQL server systems.
Within this DBA/SQL Developer (Tuning, DML, SQL Server 2014) you will need to have strong experience as a DBA with the ability to walk straight into this opportunity and hit the ground running. You will be required to perform back-ups, performance tuning, monitoring, mirror shipping and take control of a large amount of SQL Server systems.
Within this role you will be required to setup the database infrastructure and aim to service the company’s BI needs. Experience with SQL profiler is essential as you will need this for tuning. It is highly desirable that you have worked within the financial sector and be able to grasp the business requirements. However, this is not essential and there will be support provided. The most important attribute to have is a proactive mind-set and a strong overall knowledge of SQL Server.
Key requirements for the following role:
- Strengths in production SQL server DBA – Required
- Minimum of 5 years of verifiable experience as production DBA with SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2008 R2 & 2012. - Essential
- Proven track record of dependability Experienced in supporting high availability including clustering, mirroring and replication - Required
- Experienced with performance optimization for storage, OS, SQL engine and query plan - Required
- An ability to multi-task on a large variety of database systems – Must Have
- Skilled in performance tuning databases – Required
- Strong SQL development skills using T-SQL– Required
- Commercial experience within the financial markets – Desirable
- Highly skilled with SQL Profiler – Required
- Experience with ETL and data loading approaches – Desirable
- A proactive individual looking for a dynamic environment – Must Have
This is a great opportunity to work with a leading financial technology organisation and gain full exposure to all areas of the business. This is an opportunity to join a team and make it your own. This company only seek the best IT specialists within the industry and you will be made to feel like one of their own with a possible full-time position at the end. If you have the above skillset and are looking for a dynamic environment, please get in contact with Jon Kay @ Harrington Starr.