Overall Purpose of Role:
- Work within IT Solutions Delivery development team who are responsible for design, development and ongoing maintenance of exchange data warehouse systems, regulatory and ETL solutions.
- Design, write, deliver and support internally developed software solutions and associated applications in development, QA and production environments.
- Proactively contribute towards the goal of producing efficient, flexible, robust and supportable solutions.
- Help drive improvements and capabilities of development function.
- Liaise with business analysts, review and comprehend complex business requirements. Create application design and development specifications to meet these requirements.
- Work alongside project stockholders to help ensure successful project delivery by assisting with accurate estimation, planning and task management. Commit to and carry out development tasks according to the development plan.
- Carry out methodical unit testing of changes including creation of unit tests where appropriate.
- Conduct and contribute to peer reviews to improve overall code quality
- Provide accurate advice, guidance, support and training to other individuals.
- Install, configure and test software releases in development environment. Provide support and assistance to QA and operational personnel with queries in upstream environments.
- Positively represent the solutions delivery function within the organization.
- Learn new technologies as and when required to cover other roles within the team and meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Take on additional roles and responsibilities to meet project/departmental needs as necessary.
- Provision of 3rd line support for investigation and resolution of production incidents.
- Participation in an out of hours support rota to aid with investigation and resolution of production issues.