London, United Kingdom
Investment Management Systems Developer
The role of Investment Management Systems Developer will involve maintaining and developing the systems and analysis tools that support the investment management department in their fund analysis and portfolio management duties. The role will involve working closely with the investment management team to provide technical and investment assistance, as well as developing and challenging current approaches with more efficient/automated solutions. The role will also involve executing client orders in the market which would offer the candidate the opportunity to become FCA regulated through obtaining the Investment Management Certificate (IMC), which is necessary to perform the dealing function within an asset manager. Finally, the team member would be expected to participate in investment macro conversations with respects to portfolio investment direction.
This role would suit an applicant wishing to become an integral part of a front office portfolio management team within a boutique asset manager offering an interesting and diverse range of career development opportunities over time. The ideal candidate should have had exposure to capital markets previously - this is not essential; however it would be very beneficial for the role. Proficient IT skills are prerequisite however.
- Using data from providers such as Reuters (Eikon, Lipper), Financial Express analytics and Morningstar to create/develop dynamic reports such as: Asset allocations, portfolio attribution analysis, fund performance reports, risk management reports (including VaR and tracking errors) and portfolio construction reports.
- Collaborating with the investment management team to design and optimise investment solutions.
- Regular monitoring to ensure robust oversight and controls to verify the accuracy of data packages.
- Executing orders for clients in the market.
- Continually aim to develop and improve the efficiency of the dealing systems and optimise the way the company executes trades in the market.
- SQL qualification desirable
- Sufficient experience in using SQL and VBA
- Experience in other programming languages such as Python and/or R would be desirable
- Advance level MS Excel
- Investment Management Certificate (IMC) qualification or a willingness to obtain