City of London, London
£75000 - £90000 per annum + bonus + benefits
Solution Architect (Java, J2EE, Linux, Windows, Spring, Hibernate, Distributed Systems, JMS, Multi-Threading, Concurrency, TDD, Agile, DDD)
Global Market Maker - City, London
£90,000 + Bonus + Benefits
A global brokerage in the heart of the City are seeking to hire a Solution Architect to take the lead in the technical direction of this high-performing firm.
As the Solution Architect you will be joining a very well-established name in the City, working closely with developers and stakeholders alike throughout the full lifecycle of a project. The role is incredibly varied, ranging from technically mentoring the development teams both in London and overseas, to understanding requirements of senior business stakeholders, both internally and externally.
For the role of Solution Architect you will need the following skills:
- In depth knowledge of Java EE and related technologies: Spring Framework, JMS, REST
- A solid understanding of domain-driven design (DDD) concepts and experience of applying them
- Advanced understanding of TDD techniques and proven success in applying them
- Excellent understanding of Agile development practices and proven success with applying them
- Passionate about continuous improvement both at a personal and technical level
- Enjoys training/coaching/mentoring other developers in improving their software engineering skills and enjoys working with colleagues in both on shore and off shore teams
- Is actively involved in the open source development community
As a Solution Architect you will be joining a firm that is constantly looking to improve systems and develop new offerings in order to maintain competitive edge, so this is an environment full of passionate technologist and will be an ideal place for someone who is looking to grow their career to the maximum potential.
Please contact Ian Bailey at Harrington Starr for further information