City of London
£60000 - £85000 per annum + bonus + benefits
Software Engineer/Java Developer (Java 8, Spring Boot, AWS)
Investment Management Systems - City, London
Salary: £60,000 - £85,000 + bonus & excellent benefits
A global finance firm is seeking a Java Developer (Java 8, Spring Boot, AWS) in the City of London to join their front office team within the Investment Management division.
As a Java Developer (Java 8, Spring Boot, AWS) you will be responsible for working with the global team on projects to re-factor the monolithic application & to work on optimizing products & continuously improving the client experience.
Your work as a Java Developer (Java 8, Spring Boot, AWS) will give you true ownership of your products as you capitalize on a Lean Agile approach. You will be working on complex & interesting systems that provide daily challenges whilst improving your skills, gaining valuable knowledge of financial systems.
Driven by technology the company is able to offer a remote interview / onboarding process and work from home during the current social distancing measures.
For the role of Java Developer (Java 8, Spring Boot, AWS) you will need the following skills:
- Knowledge of Java 8, Spring Boot 1.5(or above), Junit 4x, Cucumber BDD, Git/Bitbucket (Essential)
- Knowledge of AWS core services: EC2, S3, DynamoDb (high-level), Messaging, Integration with Bamboo, Automated deployment with Ansible (Beneficial)
- Must have Excellent written & oral communication skills, and be collaborative and enthusiastic (Essential)
- Ability to work toward aggressive timelines and to work autonomously (Essential)
- Experience working in Agile (Essential)
- Knowledge of Investment Management (Preferable)
- Understanding of Trade Order Management and knowledge of Portfolio Theory (Beneficial)
For the role of Java Developer (Java 8, Spring Boot, AWS) you will need the following qualifications:
- Undergrad degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering and, or any related discipline
- Proficiency in any high-level programming language, i.e. C++, Java, or C#
- Two to five years' work experience within the Investment Management Industry (Preferable)
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Java Developer to join a world class company who commits to diversity and inclusion. With their belief that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve.
Please forward your CV to discuss further.