Software Engineer / Developer | 2-10 yrs Banking or Trading Experience | NYC | $120k-$150k + Bonus
My client, a rapidly growing (30% YoY last 3 years) Algorithmic / Quantitative Trading firm in New York City is looking to add two Developers to their small but very talented team. This role provides the opportunity to work directly with the firm founders/partners and help ensure they hit the 50-100% growth they’re projected to hit over the next year. Three additional senior-level resources will be joining the organization over the next few months.
This opportunity doesn’t require you to be an expert in one language/technology over another, but a background in trading firms (especially Quantitative or HFT) or “big banks” is helpful.
- Have 2-10 years professional software engineering / development experience.
- Preferably have familiarity with Matlab (existing software), and ideally some familiarity with C++, Python, or Java.
- Be highly intellectual, even “nerdy.” Be passionate about learning and applying solutions.
- Be very communicative, flexible, and teachable.
- Have scored highly on standardized testing and GPA in an academic environment.
- Have experience migrating from existing languages/technologies to others, even if not leading the project.
- Enjoy working in a comfortable, collegial environment with high-intelligence / low-ego teammates (mostly Ivy League backgrounds)
- Have attended a top school with degrees in Computer Science/Engineering, Mathematics, or likewise.Examples:Ivy League, CalTech, MIT, Duke, Chicago, etc.
The company hopes to achieve:
- Faster ingestion of more robust data.Currently ingesting daily; would like to be close to real-time.
- Convert systems designed by someone with strong Finance background to one more conducive to overall efficacy.
- Limit data oversight.
- Decision-making regarding what technologies to transition into.
- Achieve their goals as accurately as possible—not as quickly as possible.
The firm offers a massive growth opportunity (profit-share after one year), strong benefits, and the opportunity to double your salary if the firm reaches targets!
Don’t miss this chance to get in on the ground floor! Email your current CV to me and I’ll contact you to discuss details. If you have specific questions, call Chris at 646 381 2067.