london, United Kingdom
£45,000 - £60,000 + flexible working hours, exclusive discounts, personal development plans, perkbox, pension and more.
The North Starr are very excited to be working with a global leading enterprise applications platform provider creating innovative mobile and web solutions for the hospitality industry. Now with an impressive client base of over 3,000 hotels and restaurants worldwide, their award-winning software is now market leading, setting the standard for the rest of the industry.
With continuous, extensive growth, our client is looking for new software engineers to work on their Microsoft Azure-based platform, including the full development lifecycle of analysis, design, development and automated build, testing and deployment. This is an exciting and challenging role that offers a genuine opportunity to work on a cutting-edge project, being exposed to advanced agile development techniques to keep up with the constant stream of innovations for their customers.
- Take ownership of our SQL Azure databases, ASP.NET web applications and background services from an architectural and coding perspective to ensure they are functioning beautifully
- Work within a cross-functional Scrum team to propose, evaluate and execute the development of new hospitality system integrations and a wide variety of product features from our extensive product roadmap
- Co-ordinate rapid, smooth and successful feature releases in close collaboration with systems engineers and other stakeholders
- Working in collaboration with our Product Owners and Scrum Master to provide estimates, refine the backlog and help prioritise development work
- Managing your workload collaboratively using Visual Studio Team Services
- Working in collaboration with members of our UX/Design department to build new and engaging user experiences
- Working in collaboration with Systems Engineers to automate build and deployment activities
- Working in collaboration with Technical Pre-sales to shape/steer the 3rd Party system integration elements of new business opportunities
- Following a test-driven development approach, ensuring our platform is fully tested in an automated fashion at the unit and integration level
- Embracing our agile development culture and the Scrum development process – you will strive to improve yourself and your team’s collective capability every sprint by contributing to retrospectives, planning meetings and other Scrum ceremonies managed by our highly experienced Scrum Master
- Providing end-of-sprint demos of development work and improving visibility and understanding of cloud-based software development throughout the organization
- Educated to degree level (1st or 2:1)
- At least 2 years commercial .NET development experience
- Well versed in the C# programming language, .NET framework and Visual Studio
- Strong understanding of object-oriented engineering principles and design patterns such as dependency injection
- Exposure to cloud environments (AWS, Azure) and distributed cloud-first service development patterns – message bus/queues/background workers etc.
- Experience of writing and consuming web-based API’s
- Understanding of single page applications written in AngularJS or React (more in depth experience definitely a plus)
- Confident with T-SQL queries and database design/performance optimisation
- Advocate of TDD (Test Driven Development) and test automation technologies to drive quality
- Experience of working within a distributed source control environment (GIT) is essential
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail, proven problem solving skills, ownership of work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to articulate complex technical scenarios to stakeholders with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Ability to get things done in a fast-paced, truly agile working environment
The successful candidate will be working in a fantastic location in central London with a highly skilled workforce on exciting and technically complex projects. For more information on this role, please get in touch with Matthew Burrows at the North Starr on 0203 800 0983 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.