London, United Kingdom
Our client is a family firm that has grown into a leading reinstatement and surfacing solutions provider in London, the Home Counties and the South East. With a 20-year track record in providing high quality reinstatement and highways maintenance services, they continue to be at the forefront of quality, innovation and performance in the industry.
The overall purpose of the Senior Software Developer role is to work within the Systems Development team and develop web based applications. Working with the Systems Architect and other software developers to plan, develop and systems test the Ontrack system and associated applications.
This role acts as deputy to the Systems Architect and as such carries responsibility for standing in with regards to infrastructure and technical issues in times of leave, sickness etc.
• Develop the key application set based on supplied system requirements and specifications.
• Use PHP/PHP-OOP and MySQL with PHP frameworks (especially Symfony v1.4/Doctrine v1.2 ) as specified by the agreed system architecture.
• Use front/back end web application technologies Angular (2+), Node/Express JS and NoSQL (MongoDB) as specified by the agreed system architecture and technical stack to develop new applications.
• Manage source code using the specified management tools (Git).
• System test and work with QA Test and Business Analysts to quality check developed applications.
• Use Jira to manage work as part of a Scrum methodology.