Waltham Cross, United Kingdom
A new opportunity currently exists for an experienced software design engineer to join our VoIP product design team.
The role is based in Hertfordshire.
- Hands-on experience designing complex real-time software systems and/or Linux server systems using the C programming language.
- Software development experience within a Linux environment, but with an overall Windows working environment.
- Familiarity with Internet protocols such as TCP/UDP, VoIP, IGMP.
- Experience of the full product development lifecycle.
- Wireshark or other networking tracing tool experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Source control (SVN, TFS)
- Scripting language experience python/perl
Additional experience in any of the following areas would be very advantageous:
- Development experience using the SIP protocol.
- Development experience with FreeSWITCH or other SIP PBXs
- Other network protocols Including HTTP, SNMP, VLAN, RTP, RTCP, TFTP and DHCP
- Visual Studio IDE
- GDB, Valgrind
- Virtualisation, virtual box, kvm, hyperv
- Automation tool experience
- TCP/IP network stack knowledge
- Encryption and authentication protocols
- Data networking knowledge/experience
- Telecommunications background
- Design experience with working with XML based data
- Knowledge of C++ or other OO languages