London, United Kingdom
Soft Commodities Business Analyst
Harrington Starr are currently working with a leading manufacturing firm who are currently seeking a Soft Commodities Business Analyst to help them initiate a project where they need to implement new technology which allow them to mitigate risk and monitor their exposure to some soft commodities.
In this role your primary purpose will be to be a Subject Matter Expert and Business Analyst who will Provide in-depth expertise to solicit functional and technical requirements for projects and/or on-going operations. Act as the liaison to provide IT teams and business personnel with clear understanding of business requirements and business unit’s processes and translate into defined scope. Creates and assigns detailed tasks to subordinates.
Primary Duties and Accountabilities
- Provide functional expertise to elicit, document, and maintain business requirements and understand how they translate into technical requirements. Requirements include, but not limited to Business Requirement Documents (BRDs), system diagrams, use cases, and analysis of data.
- Facilitate communication across various organizational units and help resolve conflicting requirements. Resolve disagreements and conflicts constructively, knowing when to escalate and involve others.
- providing guidance to less experienced personnel in the areas of gap analysis, from a software perspective, highlighting current state, future state, client needs, and best practices.
- Capturing client requirements, documenting analysis, requirement workshops, business process analysis, use cases, scenarios and workflow analysis
Experience and Skills Needed
- Strong commodity exposure and business acumen, including power, gas, and fuels (Wholesale and Retail business)
- Knowledge of Financial Modelling on Soft Commodities
- Knowledge of Risk exposure on Commodities
- Strong experience eliciting requirements and creating Business Requirement Documents
- Product knowledge – Exposure to and an understanding of Commodity derivatives
- Knowledge of Forwards, Futures, Physical and OTC Soft Commodities Market
This requirement is for an immediate start