Antwerp, United Kingdom
The North Starr part of the Harrington Starr recruitment group are looking to hire a Senior C Unix Software Engineer.
The purpose of this role is to reinforce the existing Development teams, so will combine the elements of best practice software engineering with experience in C / Unix domain but for programming not infrastructure.
Based in Antwerp, the successful Senior Software Engineer (Application server) should have a proven software development & engineering track record, which includes technical design, programming, development testing and maintenance, with at least 5 years in the C Unix technology domain.
The core responsibilities are as follows:
You will work for the TOS development/delivery Department.
As part of the wider team you will contribute to migrating a large existing application from IBM iSeries to Unix.
You will be working under line management of the Technical team-lead of a product line
The core skills for this Senior Software Engineer are as follows:
- Ideally a Bachelors or Master degree in IT or equivalent.
- At least 5 to 10 years of software development experience in a similar function
- Ideally worked for large blue-chip international organization
- Worked with mission critical applications running 24/7 with high quality standards and strong deadlines
- Ideally have experience in programming complex products and systems, eg. ERP
- Excellent knowledge of English is essential
- Must have a result driven approach and focus.
- Someone who can combine an analytical mindset, troubleshooting, communication and self- management skills with being a good team player at all times.
- Ideally have experience in migrating legacy applications to open Unix platforms
Core technical skills are below:
- ANSI C programming on Unix OS preferably AIX
- 3 Tier software architecture, application server programming
- Interprocess communication, Job management, Unix kernel specifics, shell scripting
- SQL preferably DB2
- Knowledge of IBM iSeries OS and command language is a bonus
So to re-cap this role is based in Antwerp, Belgium and we require a Senior C Unix Software Engineer (Application server) to start quickly.
This is a 6 month contract which could well role into 2019.