London, United Kingdom
Harrington Starr is currently working with a leading financial services technology company.
Our client, is looking to hire a Site Reliability Engineer. The successful candidate will be reporting to the head of Site Reliability and will be involved in the entire life-cycle of delivering technology requirements.
The role will be based in their offices in the City of London and they are looking for an initial 6 month rolling contract to come in and help with all of aspects of the technology lifecycle. We are looking for individuals with strong AWS experience and PostgreSQL experience.
- Develop, modify and support AWS Services across multiple accounts
- Windows server administration (2012/2016/Core)
- Linux server administration (Centos, RHEL)
- Continuous integration/continuous delivery processes and improvements
- Configuration management and infrastructure automation
- To fulfil any additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business
- Strong understanding of AWS fundamentals and architecture
- Infrastructure as code – Terraform, Cloudformation
- Configuration management tools – Ideally Chef
- Solid Linux or Windows administration, configuring & troubleshooting – Ideally both
- Strong Scripting in at least PowerShell, Python, Ruby, or Bash
- Microsoft IIS
- Team City or Jenkins Continuous Integration experience
- Containerized application management – Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm (desirable)
- Release of in-house build digital .NET web applications (desirable)
- PostgreSQL / SQL Server (desirable)
- Monitoring – Nagios/Icinga, Grafana, Datadog, ELK (desirable)
- The Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence) (desirable)