London, United Kingdom
Harrington Starr is currently working with a leading financial services technology company.
Our client, is looking to hire a Site Reliability Engineer. The successful candidate will be reporting to the head of Site Reliability and will be involved in the entire life-cycle of delivering technology requirements.
The role will be based in their offices in Bristol and they are looking for an initial 3 month rolling contract to come in and help with all of aspects of the technology lifecycle. We are looking for individuals with strong AWS who will be responsible for and own the code that automates, monitors and scales our cloud based systems and infrastructure.
- Develop, modify and support AWS Services across multiple accounts
- Windows server administration (2012/2016/Core)
- Linux server administration (Centos, RHEL)
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery processes and improvements
- Configuration management and infrastructure automation
- To fulfil additional / ad hoc duties as needed in order to meet the needs of the business
- Strong understanding of AWS fundamentals and architecture
- Infrastructure as code – Terraform, Cloudformation
- Configuration management tools – Ideally Chef
- Solid Linux or Windows administration, configuring & troubleshooting – Ideally both
- Strong Scripting in at least PowerShell, Python, Ruby, or Bash
- Microsoft IIS
- Team City or Jenkins Continuous Integration experience
- Containerized application management – Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm
- Release of in-house build digital .NET web applications
- PostgreSQL / SQL Server
- Monitoring – Nagios/Icinga, Grafana, Datadog, ELK
- The Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence)