Site Reliability Engineer - Data Analytics - Flexible working - Python/AWS
This is an opportunity for a Site Reliability Engineer to join an award winning data and analytics company at the heart of London. They are a fast growing fintech operating at the cutting edge of Machine Leading and Big Data in Financial Services. Join a technical team of 30 people that are responsible for designing and building the core infrastructure that support their products. The company consumes 250GB of new data across 750,000 securities to deliver into our platform, dashboard products and data services to customers, who are dependent on our data services for their own workflows.
What you will get
- A chance to join a growing technology company.
- Excellent annual leave entitlement.
- £60,000 - £75,000 basic salary depending on experience.
- A chance to grow your Python and production support skills and improve the organisations CI/CD architecture.
- Access to continuous learning and growth
- Enhanced Pension Scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption, and bereavement payments
- Flexible remote working.
- A chance to work on complex projects.
What you will do
- Monitor the organisations websites/application and help define how monitoring and tooling should evolve.
- Monitor the production systems and responding to any issues.
- Fix any minor coding issues.
- Automate processes
- Define and measure reliability goals
- Capacity planning and testing
- Work with the development teams on system resilience and operability
- Monitor the production and client facing systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve errors
- Helping drive improvements in processes, testing, tools, and systems, leading to ownership of the operations process
- Research and recommend new tools and technologies that could improve daily operations across the organisation.
- Deploy code into test and production
- Communicate with technical teams at the data owners to solve questions or problems with the data that company consumes
What you will need
You may come from a software engineering or system engineering background.
- Previous experience as a Site Reliability Engineer
- Coding experience in Python or any other development languages
- SQL Experience
- Strong knowledge in cloud computing (AWS)
- Experience of following a automation approach
- Experience in CI/CD (Jenkins/Github)
- Experience in Linux
- Terraform exposure
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
Find out more
If you would like to have a confidential conversation and find out more about this opportunity, then get in touch with George Harris at Harrington Starr or click on the apply button below.
Apply for this job