London, United Kingdom
Service Desk Analyst – Investment Bank – ITIL (Helpdesk)
An Investment Bank firm is on the lookout for a Service Desk Analyst to join their London based team in the heart of the City. The role will include sitting on the service desk dealing with all incoming calls at 1st line level and becoming a key member of the team.
As the Service Desk Analyst - (Helpdesk, Active Directory), you will be liaising across multiple areas of the business and be the first point of contact for all incidents and service requests via phone and mail. The day to day activities and responsibilities will include the following:
- Logging and tracking of incidents, problems and requests and following issues through to resolution.
- Carrying out initial incident diagnostics
- Taking ownership of resolving all incidents and requests that are not assigned to 2nd/3rd line support team
- Communicating with the business and highlight any major service outages
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships
- Mobile Provisioning – Blackberry/BES Manager
- Maintaining and updating various systems
- Active directory/Exchange – unlocking user accounts, providing passwords etc.
- Creating and documenting processes and updating documentation where necessary and suggesting improvements to procedures
- Administration of bespoke applications e.g. Bloomberg, Factset etc.
In order to be considered for the role of the Helpdesk Support Role the following is important:
- MUST have Investment Banking Experience or minimum Financial Services Experience
- MUST have IT Help Desk and Service Desk Experience
- Good understanding of MS Windows applications (important)
- Knowledge of Active Directory (important)
- Must have worked in an ITIL framework environment
- Ability to implement procedures and document processes
- Ability to learn quickly, demonstrate initiative and work as a team member (essential)
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Must be able to prioritise and organise work effectively
This is a great role and a fantastic organisation to get your foot into with an excellent opportunity to work in a long-term and stable contract.