London, United Kingdom
Server Systems Engineer– WinTel/VMware – Investment Bank
Our client a leading Investment Bank are currently seeking a Server System Engineer to join their infrastructure team on an initial 6 month contract.
In this role as a Server System Engineer you will be joining an Infrastructure team of 4 who are responsible for looking after 100 servers both HP and Virtual VMWare.
Your duties and responsibilities as a Server Analyst include but are not limited to:
- Managing compliance of desktop and server software.
- Manage extranet firewalls
- Manage physical & system level access control and administer payment limits.
- Remove and Report on unauthorised software from the environment.
- Test, plan & implement software products, patches & newer versions.
- Maintain backups for Server environment & ensure 100% availability of data.
- Maintain asset & inventory information.
- Maintain environment security levels and report on non-compliance.
- Maintain disaster recovery & production documentation and software libraries.
- Test disaster recovery systems, applications and failovers regularly
- Support users during Disaster Recovery tests.
- Maintain a good customer relationship with staff & vendors and ensure that all complaints are resolved promptly and in a professional manner.
- Complete agreed upon projects within timeframe provided and follows procedure
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Investment Banking or Financial Services Experience
- Server Administration Experience
- Windows Server Experience
- RedHat Linux OS Experience
- Ideally, a MCSE qualification
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Knowledge of Virtualisation, VMWare in particularly
- Excellent communication Skills
6 Month Contract – City of London