London, United Kingdom
Harrington Starr is currently working with a leading International Exchange.
Our client, is looking to hire a Senior UNIX Solution Design tenologist.
The role will be based in their offices in the City of London and they are looking for an initial 6 month rolling contract. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and engaging with infrastructure architecture teams, project leads, technical delivery provisioning teams and development teams.
A senior technologist with 10-15 years or more experience delivering to Infrastructure Projects for technology and Business related technologies in financial services.
The senior technologist will have experience of solution design, with experience of working with and adding to the methodologies, processes, standards, and procedures used in the infrastructure provisioning processes.The candidate would be experienced in creating high level and low level designs.
Responsible for creating solutions using based around our product catalogue and services , experience of documenting the solutions, preparing estimates and the defining the technical configuration to meet the function requirements.
Strong experience working within a matrixed project organization with other disciplines to deliver solutions to meet the program/project needs. Experience in this type of environment is a requirement.
The candidate would be required to be highly experienced in all aspects of reporting, communicating to the project management function.
Applicants for this role will require the ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Work with technical and non-technical internal and external representatives to produce a solution that meets requirements, based on supported products and services
- Develop optimized solutions that follow product development guidelines, and are inline with established build and design standards
- Develop and maintain blueprints, design documents
- Participate in project planning
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
• Proven Expert in Unix/Linux technologies
• Proven Expert in enterprise Unix/Linux architecture
• Strong track record of leading successful Global / Area projects.
• Tier 1 vendor experience essential
• Broad knowledge of technologies used in financial datacentre design & architecture
• Broad technology base and experience, not vendor specific
• Commercially minded with experience of supporting and developing services
• Knowledge and practical experience in a number of significant and complex projects, spanning multiple technology platforms
• Experience in financial services essential
• Oral and written communications are tailored to their audience’s needs, well structured, persuasive, concise and based upon fact.
Analysis and Problem Solving
• Analyses issues to identify the most commercial, realistic and pragmatic solutions. Considers all options to ensure
• Shares information across teams.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and expertise in their field to have credibility with their peers
• Takes responsibility and accountability.
• Pro-active and demonstrates initiative
Qualifications and Experience:
- Industry recognised qualifications and certifications demonstrating project delivery experience / Solution design experience for example Prince 2 / ITIL Service Design
- Red Hat, Suse and/or Solaris accreditation desirable
- 10-15 years expereince in Unix Operations and Project delivery