Belfast, United Kingdom
Role: Senior UNIX Engineer
Developing and engaging our people is a strategic priority for our business. We are looking for talented individuals to join our team and contribute to Options’ future growth and success. As part of an international team, you will travel the world whilst working and learning from our experts in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and London. Working for Options will give you first hand access to world class technology, exciting new applications and bespoke software products.
The role of the UNIX-engineer is to perform maintenance routines, troubleshooting and UNIX-installations. Candidates should be proficient in UNIX-based utility service programs and storage systems. The UNIX engineer will be responsible for managing direct attached or network attached storage technologies, improving hard drive storage requirements and systems as well as maintaining UNIX-based server-client systems.
- Support and scale server infrastructure for production and internal environment.
- Member of team managing always-on, multi-site infrastructure.
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for the infrastructure.
- Assist with capacity planning for all aspects of the infrastructure.
- Ensure that all projects and infrastructure are properly documented.
- Design, implement and operate a scalable and reliable system infrastructure supporting fast growth.
- Perform daily maintenance activities.
- Participation in an on-call rotation.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years Unix/Linux System administration experience.
- UNIX/Linux professional qualifications or equivalent proven experience in a technical support role.
- Experience with Kickstart/Jumpstart and PXE for remote installations.
- Experience with Configuration Management with Puppet.
- Detailed working knowledge of UNIX (Solaris 10/11), Linux (RHEL5/6, Ubuntu, etc.).
- Working knowledge of DHCP, DNS, SMTP, NTP, SSH, NFS and various filesystems.
- Solid fundamentals in Linux operating systems and prior experience managing production systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with client facing experience.
- Basic LAN/WAN and TCP/IP troubleshooting skills.
- Basic script writing experience (any of Bash, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Basic storage/SAN administration experience.
Please submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. CV must be a maximum of 2 pages. Covering letter must detail the role you are applying to along with your availability. Applications close 31st July 2016.