Dorking, United Kingdom
The North Starr recruitment business requires a Senior Test Engineer to join a highly motivated and forward thinking Testing team. This role will see the post holder combine their talents across the testing landscape coupled with team mentoring & coaching.
Our client fully embraces the work to home life balance and fully understands the benefit that this can bring to the business. You will be able to work in any of the offices in either Dorking or Basingstoke.
Based in the south with offices in Dorking or Basingstoke you will be responsible for ensuring the quality delivery of the defined goals of the agile team. You will identify the needed integration testing effort and will proactively partner across agile teams to ensure the appropriate testing is completed to not impact other teams. The Senior Test Engineer plays a critical role in mentoring Test Engineers of all levels to ensure we are growing future talent within the agile teams.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides test leadership and direction for all EPIC features delivered
• Collaborates with Sr. Software Engineers and Architects on the application of agreed testing standards process, tooling and frameworks required for the delivery of features in the product backlog
• Ensures application solution design conforms to agreed quality attributes such as performance, security and usability etc
• Provides ongoing and appropriate mentorship for team members on the discipline of testing
• Plays an active role in championing and improving the test practices within the business
• Drives the team’s build out and use of test automation through metrics and data
• Collaborates and partners with the business and the agile team to ensure acceptance tests are automated by the team
• Identifies process improvements and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practices.
• Provides consultancy and coaching team members on unit testing, test driven development, provisioning of test data through stubs and drivers, white box testing tools and techniques etc
• May manage complex multi-function, multi-business unit projects with medium-high risk impacts
• Responsible for ensuring the quality of existing and new features through both manual and automated testing and use of continuous integration techniques where practical
• Partner closely with the Business Analyst to create acceptance criteria for the user stories. Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services. Specifies requirements for environment, data, resources and tools.
• Partners closely with team members to assist with and help drive test automation through all phases of testing (such as unit, system, integration and regression)
• Is an advocate for Quality Assurance best practices across the entire team throughout the deliverables
• Analyses and reports test activities and results using industry best practices that align with the companies reporting and metrics needs
• Develops test strategies, test plans, test cases, test coverage, and test execution reports to support the Quality Assurance effort in testing features that are part of application and/or solution changes
• Creates and maintains traceability records, from test cases back to requirements.
• Communicates daily with the Scrum Master and/or Team Lead and the Agile team on progress made and planned progress for the coming day and reports any impediments blocking their progress
• Participates in sizing and estimation activities within the agile team
• Collaborates with the Team (Business Analysts, Designers, Software Engineers, Architects, etc..) to ensure that the team defines, configures, builds and produces features and solutions that meet or exceed what the product owner is expecting
• Automates testing of software to industry standards
• Collaborates with software engineers on the definition of done for software deliveries transitioning to testing and ensures the agile team understands the overall testing process
• May direct the activities of onshore and offshore testing teams and be accountable for ensuring that they adhere to the teams standards
• Ensures that the latest project progress is known to the agile team by ensuring Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools are up to date and participating in daily standups outlining progress made, progress planned and detailing impediments
• Ensure the continued protection of company information, by following all applicable Information Security policies and procedures and by reporting suspected weaknesses in information security controls to the Information Security Officer.
• Understand how Conduct Risk, Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) Risk Management and Solvency II systems of Governance relate to both the role and the divisional activities and highlight any opportunities for improvement.
• Comply with company Code of Conduct and other Company Policies and Procedures as appropriate to the role.
• University Degree preferred, or equivalent business experience
• Shows evidence of analytical ability and attention to detail.
• Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
• Strong experience of Test Driven Development (TDD)
• Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
• highly motivated and results oriented
• Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
• Demonstrates strong focus on quality delivery and delighting customers; holds self to high standards of delivery
• Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
Our client fully embraces the work to home life balance and fully understands the benefit that this can bring to the business.
The North Starr team look forward to hearing from you should you wish to explore this vacancy.