A highly technical consultancy firm, headquartered in the US but with offices globally, haver a requirement for an experienced Sybase DBA.
This firm provide solutions exclusively to hedge funds and asset managers – this is for a particular engagement with a high-profile fund based in the UK.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Maintain responsibility for analysis of Sybase and SQL code.
• Tune queries, write Stored Procedures, perform indexing and other database procedures.
• Manage database design, coding, testing, debugging, and installing.
• Review and enhance existing Sybase/SQL code to improve performance.
• Work with development and IT teams regarding task definitions and schedules involving database(s)
• Plan data refresh, migration and other initiatives related to large application development projects.
• Troubleshoot and resolve production problems involving databases.
You should have:
• At least 5+ years of Sybase development
• Strong command of SQL including tuning queries, writing Stored Procedures and perform indexing
• Proficiency in database design, administration, implementation, upgrades, and monitoring
This is an opportunity to work with the hedge fund elite – you’ll be joining an established consultancy with an established client base and a huge book of work.