Cardinal Walk, United Kingdom
The North Starr, part of the Harrington Starr recruitment group are looking to place a Senior SQL Server DBA. This role will be see the post-holder combine their talents of database administration with leading SQL & Cloud based technologies within a BIG DATA environment, 19 Terabytes.
This role will be ideal for a commuter who commutes directly into London Victoria as the offices are a short walk from the main station. You will also have TFL access via the Circle & District or Victoria lines.
The key responsibilities for this role are as follows:
As part of the team a large focus of this role will be on data quality, performance monitoring and tuning to ensure accurate and timely movement of data between database systems.
- Responsible for DBA activities in support of MSSQL 2008 R2 -> 2016 including installation, backup and recovery, replication, monitoring and other maintenance activities
- Proficient in database performance analysis and tuning.
- Develop, tune and support complex SQL queries/ stored procedures
- Provide support for software developers by providing guidance on the development of SQL queries, and tuning them where needed
- Be responsible for data loading and data quality
- Understand the architecture and business logic of multiple database and data warehouse systems
- Rotational Support
The skills & qualifications required for this role are as follows:
- Ideally around 8 years of hands-on DBA experience;
- knowledge of SQL Server 2008R2->2016 including statistics, indexes, partitioning, storage, etc
- around 5+ years of creating and tuning complex SQL
- Windows Server 2008 R2/2012
- Experience with VMWare and Networking technologies
- Experience with cloud computing such as AWS and Snowflake
- Scripting skills (PowerShell, Windows Batch, Other)
- Working knowledge of ITIL or similar framework preferred
- Bitbucket/Stash or equivalent source code control
- Knowledge of Evault/Litespeed, Jira, SharePoint are all desirable
- Knowledge of SQL Sentry and/or other monitoring tools
This is a superb SQL DBA vacancy and our client will compliment any CV in terms of career growth and working for an extremely reputable business.
Our client embraces a healthy home to work life balance ratio and fully understands the benefits this will bring to the team ethos.
The North Starr team are looking forward to speaking with you today.