London, United Kingdom
Senior Software Engineer: Ruby-on-Rails and Java on AWS
£80,000 + bonus + benefits
Offices across UK: remote-first working practice
I’m working with a Sunday Times Tech Track 100 firm who provide cloud-based SaaS solutions to financial services firms, investment banks and research providers.
They were established in 2009 and have grown steadily to being the leading vendor in this particular sector across the UK and Europe and are continuing to gain significant market share in the US market.
They need a Ruby-on-Rails Engineer with significant experience in building full stack web applications in Java (or .NET).
The role is called a Senior Solutions Engineer, with a remit to lead customer initiatives such as the implementation of custom portal functionality or a new integration. This starts with working with the customer (alongside Business Analysts and Project Managers) to scope the technical deliveries and then leading a team of developers through the entire delivery lifecycle through to go-live.
The firm has offices across the UK (London HQ) and have been operating fully remotely since March 2020. Once we return to ‘normal’ they will be operating a remote-first policy, meaning they expect team members to visit the office approx. once per month for 2-3 days in order to maintain the team feel, collaboration etc, but the rest of the time the team are able to work from wherever they wish.
Required Attributes / Experience
- Minimum two years experience of Ruby on Rails development to deliver web-based applications
- Experience of working across other languages and technologies on web-based systems
- Experience of working with Business Analysts and Project Managers as part of a wider
- delivery team
- Desire and ability to make a strong contribution to the technical direction for delivering to customers
- Desire and ability to influence our development practices and processes
Contact Ian Bailey at Harrington Starr for full details