London, United Kingdom
Senior/Lead Data Scientist - London – Asset Management
Asset Management - London
Salary: £80,000 - £95,000 + Benefits + Bonus
AI, MongoDB, MySQL, Python, AI, Data Analyst, Elasticsearch, SQL, SQL Server, Python, R, Matlab, R, Hadoop, Hive, C# .Net, D3.JS, Raphael, Numpy, AngularJS, Quantitative, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Data Manipulation
A global leading asset management organisation that dominate the fixed income space are seeking a passionate Data Scientist to give their statistic/data models the competitive edge using machine learning concepts. This organisation are always seeking innovative technology solutions to gain better trading strategies and they are building a Greenfield data science platform and seeking a specialist within the space to utilise leading tech and provide business critical solutions to the business.
This role will see you enhance the predictive models for large data sets. Ideally you will have experience with machine-learning concepts, which will be used on their complex data sets to maximise the efficiency of the predictive models in production. You will have a combination of excellent mathematical, statistical and programming skills using SQL, NoSQL, ElasticSearch, R and Python. You will be maximising the full potential of a big data platform, which will be utilised by all areas of the business. Financial experience is required.
Key requirements for this Senior Data Science role is as follows:
- Expertise in statistical, analytical and modelling skills - Essential
- Experience with real-time data and utilising real-time data tools – Essential
- Obsessive about maximising data performance - Required
- 5 years experience as a data scientist - Required
- Strong experience with machine learning concepts - Required
- Ability to use Hadoop, Scala and Spark - Required
- Proficiency in financial structured and unstructured data sets - Desirable
- Passionate about joining a leading buy-side firm – Required
This role offers a chance to join a team of the best IT specialists in the industry. If you enjoy bringing your own solutions and working in a challenging environment, where you are constantly learning and using the best technologies, you will be well suited here. This company offers a great team culture where you will be required to work hard, but the rewards are far greater.
Please get in contact with Jon Kay @ Harrington Starr for more information.