My client a globally leading investment management company who are backed by a tier 1 hedgefund are seeking a Senior Cyber Security Engineer based out of New York. The successful candidate would be expect to come into their offices a couple of days a week. This is an insane opportunity for an experienced senior cyber security engineer to join a company with limitless potential. This company is still in its growing stage and is currently looking to double its security engineering team. This opportunity is one you cannot miss if you like working in a very technical environment and have the opportunity to work with some of the best people within the industry. The salary for this role can go up to $200,000 and a bonus also.
What does the role involve?
- Help the business and the Cyber Security team to identify and implement cyber security requirements for the company
- Strong knowledge and understanding of cloud architecture to support multiple teams within the business
- Help further develop my clients SOC (Security Operations Centre)
- DevSecOps skills to challenge and review the security implementation of CI/CD pipelines and Infrastructure as code (IaC)
- Provide guidance to IT resources on secure configuration of systems, permissions, new projects, products and relationships
- Manage vulnerability assessment and work closely with stakeholders to fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high security standard
- Perform in-depth analysis of security related monitoring events and define follow up activities
- Engage in and coordinate cyber reviews and penetration tests
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security threats and incidents (internal/ external)
- Scripting and automation of common tasks/procedures
Also it should be noted that the working hours are between 8am and 5pm NYC Time and that you may need to work the occasional weekend. However, you may be given the opportunity to travel abroad for this job as well.
Key Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from red brick university with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience or a master’s degree plus at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong understanding of Information Security within an enterprise environment
- Hands-on experience of security systems including proxy servers, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, data leakage protection, endpoint tools, etc.
- Strong knowledge of coordinating responses to security incidents, or operating in a SOC environment
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure (virtualization, security and network services)
- Evaluate, architect, implement, and support security-focused tools and services in AWS and Office 365
- Experience in running security audits, reviews, pentest findings with different stakeholders
- Strong scripting/programming language experience (e.g. Python/Powershell)
- Conduct vulnerability assessment and remediation to a high security standard
- Strong understanding of identity management, supporting protocols, network segregation and applied cryptography
- Intrusion analyst skills (traffic analysis, event correlation) and analysis/tuning of IPS/IDS/SIEM/DLP/EDR deployments
- Strong Communication skills both orally and written