London, United Kingdom
Senior Sales Director - Market Data/Indices Sales Up to £80k on the base x 4 OTE
My client is a global British brand based in the city of London with clients all over the globe. This institution is not a start-up, but a fully established business with a massive market following. The company offers career advancement throughout its organisation allowing you to progress into different areas of their business. This is a great career move.
The new business hunter will be responsible for selling all of my client’s market data offerings, data and software to buy and sell-side clients in the UK. The candidate will be expected to have existing relationships within the finance industry in the UK, as well as identifying opportunities to both up and cross-sell key products across the market to existing and potential clients. The candidate must be experienced, have a proven sales track record with big name relationships and have the ability to drive turnover within an existing client base. Extensive experience in buy-side institutional sales, Equities and/or an index company is preferable. This is a London based role.
Reporting to the MD UK and Europe of my client, and working within the UK Sales Team, the individual will be responsible for business development and relationship management for an assigned client base..
- Exceed revenue goals through rigorous account planning, plan implementation and plan management.
- Regularly report on quantitative and qualitative results of account planning, plan implementation and plan management using company adopted methods
- Develop and display a deep knowledge and understanding of my client’s products and offerings.
- Develop and display a deep understanding of my clients’ competition
- Maintain accurate pipeline of sales opportunities and potential cancellations
- Develop and maintain an extensive knowledge of each account in the assigned territory
- Market my clients’ products to multiple points of contact within accounts and prospective accounts
- Demonstrable sales and account management experience in selling financial information services to asset management and investment banking firms. Buy Side Sales Experience Preferred
- Index sales experience is very important
- Solid experience in the sales with proven track record excellent knowledge of, and experience in, the financial markets
- Self-motivated and resilient
- Must show the ability to develop and implement strategic and tactical territory and account sales plans
- Commercially focused. Have the ability to assist My client’s customers grow their business using their products and services
- Ability to close the sale and secure commercial contract agreements in a timely manner
- Adept at operating independently and as part of a team
- Strong knowledge of Equities and Fixed Income preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications abilities
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure with constructive and professional Work Capabilities
- A team player
- Interpersonal and Presentation Skills
- Able to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- European languages are an asset
What’s in it for you
- Advance your career by working for a global market data brand
- Up to £80k x 4 OTE for the right candidate
- Desire to work in team that beats targets year on year
- Be based in the City of London with some travel required
- Great benefits package
- A desire to double or more your base salary.
- The brand will open doors and allow extremely quick pipeline building
If your interested in this exciting and rare opportunity, please contact Edward Manley at Harrington Starr with a copy of your CV to Edward.firstname.lastname@example.org