Capital on Tap are looking for a talented QA Automation Tester to join our QA team. Armed with strong knowledge and experience in all aspects of quality assurance you will be responsible for providing governance and oversight of the quality of the products we develop.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer at Capital on Tap, you will perform testing procedures on our web/mobile applications, defining and maintaining test plans, and delivering high quality software to our customers. You will be a hands-on tester in the role, and continuously research and experiment with different methods and tools to help improve the process as the product and team grow.
Working closely with the developers, you will contribute to best practices throughout the development lifecycle and advocate the right approach to help the business reach its objectives.
What you'll be doing
- Contribute to the ongoing development of automated test scenarios working as part of an agile team
- Drive continuous improvement, recommending and implementing enhancements to test processes and procedures.
- Investigating user problems referred to you by the Product teams, testing bugs, and creating and managing bug reports.
- Develop a strong understanding of the products and domain to perform hands-on testing from a technical standpoint.
- Support your engineering colleagues so that testing is a team-wide responsibility
- Manage risks and issues effectively with timely escalation to the project stakeholders
- Reviewing design proposals, acceptance criteria and processes, and recommend improvements.
What we are looking for
- Proven software quality assurance experience with a focus on both web and mobile applications
- Experience developing tests for functional and regression testing that include manual, automated, performance and ad-hoc testing
- Exposure to automation tools such as Cypress, XCUITest, Mocha/Jest etc
- Experience working with and testing REST APIs
- Experience working across multiple teams.
- Understands CI/CD concepts and implement continuous testing practices
- Excellent attention to detail and a methodical approach to testing
- Understand the concept of checking against testing, strong knowledge of exploratory testing.
- Good knowledge of SQL
Desirable Technical Knowledge
Apply for this job
- Previous exposure to Microsoft Azure DevOps
- Experience with Test Automation for native Android and iOS apps
- Experience with usability best practices; able to influence and improve user experience
- ISTQB certification desirable
- Experience working in a startup environment.