London, United Kingdom
Senior Project Manager – Financial Services, Business Change
Harrington Starr have partnered with a leading Financial Services business based in the heart of London. Across the business is a 200million pound yearly portfolio of projects which is growing year on year. My client is looking for exceptional Senior Project Managers to join their group Project Management function.
My client has a vast amount of both Business and IT Change programs and as a Senior Project Manager you will be tasked to deliver highly complex and challenging projects as part of various portfolios of work.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Project Manage large scale deep-dive and highly complex projects that may involve multiple co-located internal and external stakeholders
- Develop the project roadmap, charter, integrated project plan, resource plan and related risk management plans
- Validation of financial forecasts and provide in-depth on-going reconciliation of resources and other project costs
- Partner with co-located and local business sponsors to define success metrics
- Build, lead and coach multiple project teams throughout project delivery lifecycles, regularly updating stakeholders throughout the business
- Define and track project milestones while developing, maintaining and reporting an overall and integrated delivery plan
Required skills and expertise:
- Very strong Project Management skills including the ability to work towards and hit aggressive deadlines
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects
- A successful background in Business Change from an IT or Operations point of view within a large (500+ people) financial services organisation
- Very strong planning and organisation skills, with the personal ability to motivate co-located and local teams, setting in-depth direction and approach, resolving conflict and having the ability to deliver tough messages
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, including the ability to navigate in a highly matrixed organization effectively
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations, and proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders
- Excellent critical-thinking ability and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
My client offers a fantastic working environment, one which is non-political with a real sense of support and family around you in terms of how you are supported to grow through the business. We are also looking for people that inject and inspire energy at all levels!
If this sounds like the type of opportunity you are interested in, and you are passionate about Business and IT Change please apply to this advert and contact Michael Paterson at Harrington Starr.