London, United Kingdom
At Harrington Starr we are proud to be working with a top global IT Consultancy. They are seeking a new senior programme manager to come into there global post trade team based in London.
This is a contract role for a multi-year programme, responsible for the delivery of a major programme into a tier 1 investment bank, working within a multi-vendor partnership.
Candidates must be confident and self-motivated, demonstrating a strong track record in the successful delivery of multi-phase global projects involving multiple stakeholders, with a good working knowledge of equity and fixed income capital markets, ideally in the post-trade space.
The Programme Manager will be responsible for:
- Providing overall leadership for the programme while maintaining a focus on achieving results efficiently.
- Client liaison including the development and presentation of project plans, progress reports and acceptance by the project stakeholders,
- Working in partnership with external 3rd parties jointly responsible for the delivery of the programme.
- Ensure appropriate allocation and skilling of resources and their effective deployment throughout the project.
- Coordinate with global product delivery groups Project Managers, ensuring effecting overall tracking and issue resolution.
- Direct responsibility for local delivery teams and functions into the programme.
- Active involvement in managing the programme to contractual obligations of all parties and the management of change control to those obligations.
- Financial reporting and forecasting to internal stakeholders.
- Risk management and problem solving.
- Ensure the programme is delivered to internal policies and controls.
- The development and ongoing tracking of project plans, including testing, logistics and in service support
- The production of other project deliverables such as training and documentation as required.
- Strong understanding of the financial markets
- Experience in a senior project management / programme management position within financial markets technology
- Excellent client facing and stakeholder management skills
- Ability and willingness to travel where required
- Agile methodology experience