As a Senior Network Engineer who is innovative, collaborative, and driven, you will be joining our multi-disciplined team of engineers. Your role will primarily focus on network design, automation, deployment, performance tuning, reliability engineering and troubleshooting. You will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of Mako’s technology footprint, as well as the wider business, and to significantly grow your low-level networking skills and low-latency trading experience.
What you’ll be involved in:
- Supporting the global LAN and WAN environments.
- Troubleshooting and solving network issues.
- Designing, planning and delivering a reliable, scalable, performant and cost-effective network platform to support the trading environments.
- Liaising closely with the Unix and Software teams to understand the usage of the network, future requirements and solve growth and scaling challenges.
- Network monitoring, performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Supporting the core trading business through the delivery of a high uptime network.
- Disaster recovery, business continuity and high availability engineering.
- Driving forward the automation and stability of the network estate.
- Managing complex projects and providing updates and reports to the IT leadership team.
- Mentoring and training less experienced team members.
What you bring to the table:
- 6+ years’ experience working as a network engineer in an enterprise environment.
- Solid core routing and switching knowledge.
- Extensive knowledge of network protocols such as TCP and UDP.
- Experience with multicast.
- Experience of advanced networking protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, IGMP, etc.
- Experience with firewalls and network security best practices.
- An ability to learn new skills and technologies quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What will set you apart:
Apply for this job
- Experience with financial or trading environments.
- Experience with low-latency networking.
- Experience and understanding of time synchronisation protocols.
- Scripting skills for automation of network tasks e.g. Python, Bash, Ansible, NXAPI.