Senior Network Engineer - Fortigate, CheckPoint, HP and Arista Switches, Tufin Secure
Harrington Starr are working in collaboration with an Investment Bank searching for a Senior Network Engineer who has a passion for Financial Services to join their rapidly expanding team.
The person will be part of a medium sized team and will require an individual who is excellent with working under pressure and willing to learn, as well as implement their skill-set to provide for the needs of the organisation.
The resposnibilities for this Senior Network Engineer role are:
- Responsibility for the administration and operation of the corporate networking services, e.g. firewalls, routers and switches, gateways etc.
- Design of future connectivity and networking concepts and solutions
- Continuous improvement of current processes and systems and judging on new technologies
- Create and maintain high quality documentation of our network environment and solutions and document root causes
- Working within projects as well as patch managements are part of your tasks
Mandatory Skill required:
- University degree in IT or comparable qualification
- Experience in the architecture and design of corporate network solutions in a global environment, ideally in investment banking
- Understanding of VPN and related technologies
- Understanding of IT security concepts and industry best practices
- Experience with Content Systems for Mail and Web (Ironport, McAfee, Clearswift)
- Understanding email encryption TLS, PGP, SMIME
- Experience with the administration of firewalls (Fortigate, CheckPoint) and switches (HP, Arista)
- Ideally experience with Tufin Secure
- High interest in network and security topics and the ability to structure complex issues according to the target group
- Experience in cooperation with external partners and service providers
- Excellent teamwork, flexibility, reliability, initiative, resilience and communication skills are essential
- Understanding of cultural differences; willing and able to work as part of a global team
- Willingness to travel and work outside normal working hours
This is an excellent opportunity for a Technical Senior Network who is keen to develop within an organisation to be innovative and influence development within a rapidly growing firm.
To apply for this role please contact email@example.com