Slough, United Kingdom
Market leading client urgently requires a solid Linux Engineer to work within their Cloud Infrastructure team. A strong background in systems engineering, understanding of the components of a cloud infrastructure including hardware platforms, OS, applications, databases, networks, web and application Servers. Prior experience in Site Reliability Engineering/DevOps and managing large-scale server infrastructure at a cloud computing or MSP setting is highly desirable.
- Solid experience with Linux (RedHat and/or CentOS)
- Strong experience with service troubleshooting, covering web Front End, Systems, Databases and Networks
- Previous direct exposure to engineering and architecting fundamental Internet services (DNS, Mail, Apache/Tomcat) with a good understanding of the LAMP stack.
- Familiarity with MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Tungsten or similar technologies
- Familiarity with Networking Technologies such as routing, switching and load balancing (VPN exposure is a huge plus)
- Experience with systems and network performance and availability monitoring and analysis as well as configuration management platforms (Nagios/Icinga, Cacti, Netcool, Monolith, Puppet, cfengine, chef, Splunk, Logstash) is desirable