London, United Kingdom
Senior Java Developer - Global Brokerage - £85,000
City of London
A Global Brokerage in the heart of the City is looking to hire a Senior Java Developer to join the back office team working on a state-of-the art cash management platform.
As the Senior Java Developer you will be developing and enhancing the Asset Servicing team who deal with client money. As long as you have a passion for problem solving and are analytical in your approach, previous experience within the financial markets is nice to have, but certainly not essential as full training in the full trade lifecycle and a wide range of asset classes will be provided.
To be considered for the role of Java Developer you should have a number of the following skills:
- Proven Java & Spring expertise
- Experience of enterprise systems (Java, JMS, REST)
- Experience of cloud computing (ideally AWS) and/or Kafka advantageous
- SCRUM / Kanban / agile – our teams follow a highly collaborative agile process
- Clean Code, test automation (JUnit, TDD, BDD), pair-programming. Knowledge of DDD a bonus
- DevOps and Continuous Delivery
- Basic SQL skills, JPA/Hibernate
This is a great opportunity for a Senior Java Developer who is interested in a leadership career path to join a well-established firm and make an impact, quickly. If you’re outside of finance but looking to make a move in, opportunities like this don’t often come along.
For information please contact Ian Bailey at Harrington Starr