London, United Kingdom
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Harrington Starr are working with a leading provider of financial information services for the buy and sell side trading and investment space.
My client is looking for hire for a Senior / head of infrastructure engineer to be based out of the their New York office.
The role will involve but will not be limited to the following:
- Handling day to day escalated issues from the service desk team
- Mapping out and delivering on project based work such as AWS migration, Data Centre up grades, office moves, systems Upgrades, Network Upgrades
- Work with the users to understand what is needed and forecast future projects
- Work with other trams regionally and globally
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing office within a well established office. My client can offer a senior level role that will progress into a leadership role within 6 – 12 months time. My client are looking for someone who can step into a hands on role whilst building and upscaling the team when required. If you are interested in maintaining your technical skills whilst s developing leadership skills and mentoring more junior engineers, then this would be an ideal role for you!
To be considered for the role, you should have the following skills and experience to be considered:
- You should have a strong technical background including
- Hosted / Virtual environment exposure for infrastructure, hardware, software and networks
- VMware certification would be ideal
- Ideally you will have a good exposure to Juniper network tech
- AWS experience is preferable
- A strong Microsoft background is essential, you should be at MCSA level either through certification or experience
- Experienced at maintaining good working relationships with third party vendors and service providers
- Experienced at working in a project and change management environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to face off to clients is essential