City of London, London
£100000 - £150000 per annum
Senior High-Performance Java Software Engineer
Consultancy, City, London
Circa £150,000 + bonus
A well-known software consultancy who focus on high-performance financial trading applications are seeking to hire a Senior High-Performance Java Software Engineer to join their lab technology team, working at the forefront of high performance, electronic trading system design and be surrounded by highly experienced technologists and thought leaders in the electronic trading and software engineering industries.
This firm already boast a number of high profile names from the Java development world, so you will be working with some of the most respected technologists in the world on some of the toughest problems in financial technology.
To be considered for the role of Senior High-Performance Java Software Engineer you should have the following skills:
- Exceptional Java knowledge with a solid understanding of the JVM and c2 compiler and an understanding of off heap memory allocation.
- Low level Linux tuning skills: memory pressure, disk sub systems, memory read/write contention, page faults, swap space, cache lines, memory caches, raid controllers and an understanding the difference between Linux file formats
- Low level packet switch networks, full understanding of the TCP/IP and UDP stack.
- Financial services experience is not necessary.
- Low latency high data throughput background would be highly beneficial
This is a unique opportunity for a Senior Software Performance Engineer to join one of the most innovative and forward-thinking firms in the industry, working at the intersection of financial markets and technology to create the innovations that are improving the markets of tomorrow.
Please contact Ian Bailey at Harrington Starr for further information