london, United Kingdom
Senior Developer Role - London
The team is looking for a commercially-focused senior developer to join our growing team based in Central London.
You’ll be a leading member of the team responsible for expanding our web app, web service and integrations with other platforms. You’ll be using Python, Django and C# .NET, and deploying to cloud services (primarily AWS) and on-premise at our financial markets customers.
You’ll be responsible for design, implementation and testing of new web service features, building integrations with other platforms, and mentoring and advising other team members.
Key Technology Responsibilities
ipushpull is an API-first platform with all client applications accessing the service via our REST API. The service is implemented in Python/Django, using the popular Django REST framework. Our fully-resilient cloud service is deployed on AWS and on-premise at our customers’ sites.
Windows Client Applications
Our Windows client applications (Excel add-in, DataLoader) enable users to interact with the service using desktop apps like MS Excel and a range of databases. Implemented in C# .NET.
Experience and Skills
The right candidate will be self-motivated, organised, delivery-focused and have the following skills and experience:
• 2+ years’ experience of Python and the Django framework
• 2+ years’ experience of C# .NET
• SQL (MySQL and other RDBMSs)
• System architecture
• DevOps and automated deployment on AWS using Terraform
• Ability and willingness to learn quickly both on your own initiative and under instruction
• Ability to work well under pressure and achieve tight deadlines
• Excellent written and spoken English
Experience of some of the following would also be beneficial:
• Django REST Framework
• Cloud deployment to GCP and/or Azure
• Secure Software Development
• Integration with chat platform APIs (including Symphony, Slack, MS Teams, Bloomberg)
• Websocket technology
• Microservices architecture
• Automated Testing
• Agile Methodologies