London, United Kingdom
Senior Data Scientist
Financial Technology Firm
£100,000 + bonus + benefits
The Data and Analytics team of a globally recognisable financial technology firm are seeking a senior data scientist to join their team
You will be working on greenfield projects and recommending which technologies to use, such as Spark, Docker/Kubernets, AWS Lambda.
The role will involve the analysis of data stored in historical database for the purpose of producing new datasets (statistical, time series based) and error checking / validation and investigation.
Being open to new ideas and the ability to create new ideas is essential in this role – you need to be the type of person who is always seeking new ways of doing things and be someone who will go the extra mile to achieve what’s required.
To be considered for this role you should have:
- Strong and demonstrable Excel skills with an in-depth knowledge of VBA
- Experience in any of the following statistics packages – SPSS, Matlab, R, Stata, SAS BI advantageous
- Familiarity with time series data must be demonstrated
- In-depth understanding of SQL and relational databases
- Experience of 1 coding language (e.g. Java or Python)
- Familiarity with Cloud based components relating to large datasets
Please contact Ian Bailey at Harrington Starr for full details